Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Place Without Expectation


 It's mid-November and just recently it's started to feel like fall.  I've been trapped in a little bubble of sorts.  Spending the end of October and November in Lake Havasu has suspended time for me, it's always summer here.  I know that heading back to Oregon for a Thanksgiving trip is going to be a rude awakening.  I left on this extended road trip in June, just when summer was beginning and in the past five months I've been living my very own never ending summer.  In this bubble it's difficult to remember that just around the corner is December.  I don't know if it's good that time feels suspended or bad that the year is almost over without me realizing it.   The weather is cooling to a nippy 65-70 degrees during the day and compared to the very recent 95 degree days, this is cold.  It seems all of Lake Havasu is sick this week and everyone talks of the "cold" weather.  It is amazing what a 20 degree decrease will do to your body. I guess this is good preparation for my impeding move north.  Considering Port Orford is known for it's rainy days and 50 degree temperatures, I think this ease into winter is a healthier adjustment.
Enough weather talk.


Wojc and I, in an attempt to really draw out the nice weather and make the most of our last days in Arizona, headed north and went on a hike in the hills.  We had really good timing and witnessed possibly the most spectacular sunset yet.






Will everyone please visit Arizona with me every fall?  I know I sound like a broken record, but it's a truly beautiful spot.



























No comments: