Monday, November 1, 2010

'I REMEMBER, SO I'M VOTING, AND NOT REPUBLICAN.'

Well, friends, I have decided to take the easy way out and do NaBloPoMo and attempt to post every single day of November on this blog of mine.  I hope to spare you absolute drivel, but I make no promises.  This month will allow me to find my niche in this blog world and hopefully gain some insight into my writing abilities.

I was going to write a Halloween recap post, but that is put on hold to address more pertinent matters.  
Tomorrow is election day.  Please go and vote.  I know I'm probably preaching to the choir, but your vote does matter.  I have no patience for the belief that every politician is the same, republican or democrat.  This is not true; while I have yet to see a perfect politician, there is a difference.  The argument that Obama is doing a terrible job is upsetting to me, how is this administration supposed to fix the horrendous mistakes made by previous Presidents (I'm lookin' at you George W.).
This is an election that finds Democrats fighting to survive.  How the Tea Party gained such popularity is beyond me, but they (and the Republicans) are growing in the polls.  Let's unite together and mimic the turnout showed two years ago to vote Obama in!
Please, lose the apathy for a day and vote.  It only takes a few minutes and it's better than doing nothing, right?
Need some inspiration?  
I believe that voting is the first act of building a community as well as building a country. -Ensign
Universal suffrage should rest upon universal education. To this end, liberal and permanent provision should be made for the support of free schools by the State governments, and, if need be, supplemented by legitimate aid from national authority. -Hayes


Let's remember that not everyone used to have a vote.  People rallied, marched and died for many of us to have a voice and have a vote.  Let's honor that history and work for a brighter future by casting a vote.

1 comment:

Iremember said...

Wow thanks for posting this Peach. Now let's all work together and steer the United States in a positive direction!