Friday, November 5, 2010

Day In The Life: Arizona Edition

My days have been slightly open in the past couple of months.  Wait, make that four months since I quit my job at a non-profit in New York.  I worked at that job in social services for two years with a daily commute of two hours.  Let's just say I was a little exhausted day in and day out.  It was my goal when I left my job, and New York for that matter, to decompress and really relax like we did as children in the summer.  I must say, I've been pretty successful in my goal.  


Arizona, more specifically Lake Havasu, has been a home base for me and my boyfriend thanks to a spare vacation home.  When in Havasu a typical day involves walks around the neighborhood.

 Inspecting the local wildlife


Test driving boats on the lake.



Yoga.


Killing two birds with one stone: swimming and reading




Exploring the surrounding hills.


Most importantly: watching the evening sunset.

I don't mean to brag too much but I'm sure it comes across this way.  While I love the area and can't get enough of the desert fall, I am starting to miss getting up every morning for work, dressing up and interacting with all different people for a common cause.  Don't get me wrong, there are downs to unemployment and too much spare time, I'm just trying to make the most of everyday.  

No comments: