Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pick a Direction and Go

There are times, few and far between, when I ache for New York.  I don't regret moving for a minute but before I can catch it, I find myself missing the speed in the city.  The feeling of being in the middle of it all; how can you have regrets when you are living in the best city in the world? There's a feeling when you live in New York that you can't go anywhere but down after leaving.
When I'm on the back of the bike, the sun beating down and the desert all around; it's times like these that I long to be flying down Broadway to the end of the island.  Weaving in and out of traffic and feeling the enormity of the great high rise beasts rising up around you.  Cruising through times square on the back of a bike is thrilling.  Ride after ride, I never tired of seeing the skyline and all the activity rushing around you.
Arizona is nice, but it just doesn't compare to that concrete jungle for riding.
On that note, Wojc and I went on our nightly ride in the chilly (for Havasu) air.  We rode up Bison Dr in search of a dirt road that leads to waterfalls.



We drove up the gravel road but couldn't make it far on the ducati.  The gravel was deep and the rocks large, it definitely felt like we were either going to blow a tire or fall.


We stopped to enjoy the view and snap some pictures of our motorcycle chic ;)  This was perfect timing so I could use the pics to take part in the giveaway on girls gone child.  This weeks giveaway is a pair of Minnetonka shoes which I have desperately wanted for almost a year now.  And so, without further ado, my outfit pictures:



Boots-Frye
Jeans-H&M
Cardigan-H&M
Jacket-Nicole Miller
Scarf-Gift
Shades-Street vendor in NYC

Ok, so maybe I don't miss NYC that much.

1 comment:

GIRL'S GONE CHILD said...

Gorgeous girl. Gorgeous clothes. Gorgeous photos. xo