Thursday, December 9, 2010

No Reservations

Oddly enough, one of my favorite memories from this past summer's cross country road trip was sitting round the campfire reading aloud Anthony Bourdain's Medium Raw for both Wojc and I to enjoy. We had some internet/tv/phone withdrawals deep in the Smokey Mountains and what a replacement this was. If you haven't read Bourdain I suggest you run out and pick up Kitchen Confidential or Medium Raw now.  I adore his wit, foul mouth and to the point style...and I'm a vegetarian so that's saying something.
Now go build a campfire and start reading!
On an unrelated note, I really want to drape my future apartment with maps and globes. There's a reason I was a geography minor; I could stare at maps for hours on end.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love Bourdain. I was watching TV in a hotel room recently and got sucked into his Iceland episode. Spent an hour watching his show when I should've been exploring the area!

Having a world map up like that would make me obsessive about all the places I still need to go.