Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's the most wonderful time.

I am super pumped for Christmas this year. Oh, what am I saying? I love the holiday and always have. The lights, smells, tree, holiday spirit, music; everything is so magical to me.  As a kid I loved the night before Christmas and all of the anticipation and excitement.
Tomorrow morning I board yet another Amtrak and head south to Portland where I will meet up with my sister and brother-in-law who are flying in from New York and my brother will pick us up and drive us all down to Port Orford.  We haven't all been together for about a year and a half now and I am beyond thrilled.  My siblings are, by far, some of very favorite people.  I can't imagine my life without my bro and sis; really, they are the best. It's pretty cool to genuinely like your family.  With all of us home it feels more like a festive party.
Top on my to do list is watch National Lampoons Christmas Vacation (best.movie.ever) and Love Actually, COOK, make hot drinks, wrap presents, sing Christmas songs horribly off key and go on many more hiking adventures.

No comments: